Photokina 2018 took place in Cologne from September 26 to September 29. It was supposed to be a five-day event, but the trade was shortened because they’re going to change the format to an annual occasion. Despite the three-day length, we got to witness some important announcements including RICOH’s new compact digital camera.
Tech fairs and trades are incredibly popular as they create a perfect opportunity for tech enthusiasts to learn what’s new on the market, but at the same time brands announce their latest works. Photokina is one of the most important trades in Europe. The very first Photokina event was held in Cologne, Germany in 1950 and ever since 1966 it has been held biennially in September.
New Camera Info
The Japanese imaging and electronics company, RICOH, had some major news to share during Photokina trade fair. They previewed the GRIII compact digital camera which is still in the development phase, but it is supposed to be finalized and released in early 2019. Basically, we can expect the company to announce the release dates and other important camera-related info quite soon.
The camera has a new lens construction that will feature six elements in four groups together with an enhanced image sensor for quality control. The camera will have about 24.24 megapixels. RICOH included a number of different functions in various features including white balance, exposure, focus, and others. The goal is to allow users to customize their cameras for optimal experience in order to get the most out of their compact digital device. For additional ease of use, the camera features a touchscreen display, but its the speed of 1/4000sec to 30 sec is even more impressive. Yet another impressive quality of the latest RICOH camera is the ability to resize and crop images right there, without having to transfer them to the computer to perform these simple tasks. We’ll have to wait a little bit in order to learn more about battery life and some other features though.
- Image stabilization – Sensor-shift shake reduction
- Still image – File format RAW, JPEG
- Movie – File format MPEG4
- Storage – Internal memory 2GB, memory cards
- Focus type – Hybrid AF
- Dynamic range correction – Shadow correction, Highlight correction
- LCD monitor – 3.0 inch TFT color LCD
Based on Photokina events these are the trends in tech and photography world we can expect in 2019:
- Professional quality even for amateurs and persons who consider photography a hobby
- The rise of mirrorless cameras
- Instant photos are back in style
- Intelligent algorithms for perfect image quality
- Compact cameras for greater convenience
- 4K videos
- High-quality image products with special paper and finishings for exquisite printed photo pleasure
- High-speed photography
- Innovative accessories such as light carbon tripods, multi-functional bags